Navigating Rental Assistance
Delinquencies are up. Evictions are hard to come by. Fortunately, the government has invested billions of dollars into rental assistance programs across the country. We are here to help! A rental assistance program may be available to you and your residents. We have developed this Rental Assistance Matrix to help you navigate through some of the details so that you can determine whether any of the programs fit your needs and circumstances. To view the matrix, please click this link.
Rental Assistance Programs
The following organizations MAY be able to assist with some housing needs and household expenses.
The purpose of this page is to inform renters of various programs and agencies that may be able to provide financial assistance. Please note that this list is not exhaustive. There may be other programs and agencies available. Additionally, please understand that programs and agencies may have limited funds, may have varying qualification processes and requirements and may not be available for all renters seeking assistance. Further, there may be some programs or agencies that only provide services to limited geographic areas in our community.
Texas has been allocated an estimated $1.9 billion in rental assistance funds
To apply for the state program please visit: https://texasrentrelief.com/
(Note: Apply online, or get more information about the program. Property owners and renters can also apply for assistance by calling 1-833-989-7368; call volume may be high, so you may have to keep calling.)
The Harris County TERAP has received $2.6 million in rental assistance funding. \Apartment owners and residents in Harris County, but not in the city limits of Houston, Baytown or Pasadena, can apply for this program.
To apply for the program please visit: https://houstonharrishelp.org/
CITY OF HOUSTON
The City of Houston and Harris County have a combined $140 million in rental assistance funding
To apply for the state program please visit: http://houstonharrishelp.org/
Questions about your CARES ACT application? Email us at email@example.com with your case number, name, address and phone number for information.
Please visit the Montgomery County Community Development page for updates: CLICK HERE
Program is LIVE
Money will be sent to the landlord/property directly.
For Resident to Apply
- Please contact one of the agencies listed on THIS Flyer
- You will be contacted to do a phone interview and will be sent a list of required documents.
- Properties DO NOT have to pre-register or sign up.
- Once approved properties will receive a "Pledge Form" to sign.
- This will show the amount owed and the amount the county will assist the tenant with.
- Payment is a check mailed from the County treasurer's office.
- Properties will get a pledge for each individual tenant and a check for each individual tenant for the amount on the pledge letter.
- Both the resident and the landlord have to sign the rental agreement.
- Then Brazoria County Treasurer's office mails a check to the address the property indicated on the form.
For Residents to Apply
- Follow this link to apply Click Here
- FAQ Document - Click Here
- NOTE: This is a NEW program and you must apply to be considered.
Click HERE for more information about the program.
CLICK HERE to register
- If you have multiple properties, please complete an application for each property.
- Please write down your Confirmation Number once application is submitted.
- Required Documents:
- Signed and completed W-9 from https://www.irs.gov/
- ACH Payment information or manual (check) payment information.
- Current tenant rent roll with rent amounts
- Current Certificate of Good Standing from State of Texas
- Property Management Agreement (if applicable)
- Signed and notarized Affidavit for authorized signer (if applicable)
How you selected to receive payments is how payments will be sent to the property. (ACH or Mailed Check)
City of PEARLAND
Current money is for households that have already been approved for participation in the program and have already received prior funding.
They are not currently accepting new applications.
The city will be reaching out to landlords to let them know what they will need to provide to certify current status of tenants for the next two rounds of funding.
NORTHWEST ASSISTANCE MINISTRIES (NAM)
Rent and Mortgage Assistance Program
Now processing applications online. To apply go to www.namonline.org
Note, payments will be made to either the resident or the landlord depending on what funding source the resident qualifies for.
Resident flyer – Click Here