An Introduction to Leasing and the Apartment Industry
NOW includes TAA Lease paperwork curriculum, brought to you by HAA Legal Counsel, Howard Bookstaff!
From Fair Housing and the TAA lease paperwork to today’s terminology and techniques, the industry’s most seasoned and dynamic instructors are on hand to educate students on the boundless potential that awaits those who choose the apartment management industry as their career. This course is intended as an introduction to the apartment industry for new leasing professionals, as well as those individuals looking to learn more about the industry as a career. Registration for HAA members is available via the link below; non-members can download the 2021 registration form here.
This day-and-a-half program now includes new TAA lease paperwork curriculum.
Topics covered include:
• Greeting and qualifying the customer
• Executing the lease contract
• Telephone techniques and e-leasing
• Overcoming objections and closing techniques
• An overview of Fair Housing and more.
Class Schedule and Fees:
• $75 for students paying in advance; $85 for students who provide payment at the door
• Day One: 8:30 a.m. – Registration; 9 a.m. to 3p.m. – Program (lunch provided)
• Day Two: 8:30 a.m. – Registration; 9 a.m. to 12pm – Program
Leasing 101 Online:
While the classroom version of this course is strongly recommended for job seekers looking to break into the apartment industry, an online version is available and also leads to a certificate of completion. The online course is also priced at $65 and requires a credit card for purchase. You will be required to set up an account within the online learning platform, Visto. Enter "Leasing 101" in the search field for quick access to this course,or via this link