If you would like to volunteer to help pack the food for delivery to the Food Bank, please go to either the Camp or Cotton location on Tuesday, November 30 at 2:00 p.m. to help. Be sure to wear closed toed shoes and bring your holiday cheer!
If you are collecting food here are a few ideas for collecting at apartment communities
- Identify central and highly visible areas, and designate them as your official display/food collection locations.
- Decorate a display/food collection area and a box for food collection (does not need to be from the Food Bank) to draw attention to collection & to make your food drive more fun.
- Place a flier at each resident's door or in your newsletter or place a flier in the mailbox area to announcing you will be collecting food during November and where to donate.
- Fun Ideas for collecting.
- Food Bank Logos for your promotional material.
Houston Food Bank and the Rescue Bank (for pets)
Food Bank Most Needed Items
Managers do you have children in your community who need access to food after school and during the summer? The Houston Food Bank's Kids Cafe is a program to help alleviate child hunger by providing hungry children with free nutritious meals at times when other resources are not available such as after school and during the summer. Nationwide 1 out of 20 children who rely on free or reduced priced meals during the day also rely on after school programs. For more information on the Kids Cafe contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 832-369-9390 for more information or visit www.houstonfoodbank.org