Q: What does RCR stand for?
A: RCR is an acronym for Rental Credit Reporting.
Q: Does RCR allow residents get their own RCR Report?
A: Yes. Residents who want to obtain a copy of their RCR rental credit report can only do this by mail or in person. Download the following forms:
Residents may visit the Houston Apartment Association offices on Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Residents must provide a valid driver’s license or government issued picture identification as well as social security card. The Fair Credit Reporting Act can tell you more about your rights and how your credit history can be used. Click here for the FCRA...
Q: Where is the Houston Apartment Association located?
A: The HAA offices are located in west Houston off of the Sam Houston Tollway between I-10 and 290.
The physical address is:
4810 Westway Park Blvd.
Houston, Texas 77041
Q: Is there a charge for residents requesting a copy of their RCR Report? A: Upon your request and proof of proper identification, RCR will provide you a copy of your report at no charge: (i) one time during any 12-month period; (ii) not later than 60 days after you receive notification pursuant to the FCRA stating that your credit rating may be or has been adversely affected; or (iii) if your report is requested in connection with your being a victim of fraud, including identity theft.
In cases of a request that is not required to be provided for free under the FCRA, you will be required to pay a processing fee of $8. Acceptable payments are: cash, credit cards (American Express, Visa, and Master Card), money order/cashier's checks, and debit cards with Visa or Master Card logos
Resident Relations - HAA service helps mediate between residents and property owners.
The Houston Apartment Association Resident Relations Department offers resources that can help mediate disputes between residents and property owners.
- Complaints: Use the Resident Relations Complaint Form to register your complaint - click here.
- Quality data: 49.1 percent answered inquiry rate for rental history & eviction information.
- Up-to-date: Immediate updates to RCR database from RCR members with skips and evictions.
- Data that matters: Rental history data constitutes largest share of matching information in the RCR database.
- 68 percent of RCR rental history information is negative.
- The average balance for residents with a negative history is $996.84.