To further the technical, business, and personal development skills of today's multi-family maintenance technician, resulting in improved on-the-job performance and a heightened awareness of customer service and responsibility.
Course Schedule and Fees:
Total Program Cost: $795
Individual modules may be taken as stand alone seminars at $165 each.
Schedule: 8:30am-5:00pm ; several courses are for multiple days (see below); online schedule refers to the specific date of day-one.
Technical Courses The five technical courses take place in the classroom, with an instructor presenting core concepts and procedures, as well as leading course participants through reinforcing learning activities. These activities will range from discussions, to solving "what if" scenarios, to hands-on activities. After each course, learners will go online to go through practice scenarios for that course. These scenarios let learners play the role of a maintenance technician in a realistic and safe environment. They will make decisions to prioritize, diagnose, and repair problems, just as they would on the job.
* Electrical Maintenance and Repair:
* Plumbing Maintenance and Repair:
* Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning Maintenance and Repair:
* Appliances Maintenance and Repair:
* Interior and Exterior Maintenance and Repair:
The two non-technical courses are taught entirely online, allowing learners to take each course at their own convenience and at their own pace. After learning the new content in each course, students will go through a set of scenarios in which they evaluate the performance of maintenance technicians in realistic situations, then rate them on a set of criteria related to the learning points in the course. Each online course is approximately two-and-a-half hours in length. Online courses can be available via the HAA computer lab for students without access to a computer or high speed internet.
* Inside the Apartment Business
* People, Projects and Profits
CAMT certificate candidates must have (before being eligible to receive the Certificate for Apartment Maintenance Technicians):
- one year of apartment or rental housing maintenance experience;
- successfully completed the five classroom courses and online content listed above (which total 70 hours); and
- receive a passing grade of at least 70 percent on the comprehensive exam
Please note that new
registrations received within three days of the course will be assessed a
$50 administrative fee to cover shipping costs for course materials.