The City of Houston and the Houston Apartment Association have teamed up to encourage the implementation of a more comprehensive recycling effort in multifamily properties.
We have set a goal to have 50 percent of HAA member communities establish recycling programs by 2013.
We encourage all apartment communities in Houston to sign up and be a part of the "Go Green Community" recycling program.
Here's how you can get your property designated as a Go Green Community...
- First, implement a recycling program at your multifamily community. If you do not currently have a recycling program in place, please consider contacting one of the recycling vendors listed on the Garbage and Recycling Vendors list and schedule an appointment for a representative to develop a recycling plan for your community.
- After you have a recycling program in place, please go to this link and fill out and submit the Go Green Community Registration.
- Once your form is received your community will be approved and qualified as a Go Green Community.
As a Go Green Community your multifamily property will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Listed/recognized on the City of Houston web page and the HAA web page as a Go Green Community.
- Approved for a specialized Go Green Community sticker/certificate that you can place/display at your multifamily community to let your residents and others know of your accomplishment. You can also use the Go Green Community logo on your website and email signature. Contact Aimee to get an electronic copy of the logo.
Check out these "Best Management Practices" for getting your recycling program started and communicating with residents about the program.